Monday, December 7, 2015

Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, Pray for Us!






St. Maximilian Kolbe had a world-changing devotion to the Blessed Mother under the title she herself disclosed at Lourdes, "I am the Immaculate Conception." As founder of the "Militia of the Immaculata," he envisioned a spiritual army of faithful sons and daughters who would lead the whole world to Jesus through the intercession of their Immaculate Mother.

Here is Kolbe's prayer to Mary Immaculate on the patronal feast day of the United States--and the day Pope Francis has chosen to open wide the holy doors of St. Peter's Basilica for the start of the Jubilee Year of Mercy:

"I greet you, ever-blessed Virgin,
Mother of God, throne of grace, miracle of almighty power!
I greet you, sanctuary of the most Holy Trinity and Queen of the universe,
Mother of mercy and refuge of sinners!
Most loving Mother,
attracted by your beauty and sweetness and by your tender compassion,
I confidently turn to you and beg of you to obtain for me of your dear son
the favor I request in this prayer (here mention your request).

Obtain for me also, Queen of Heaven,
the most lively contrition for my many sins
and the grace to imitate closely those virtues which you practiced so faithfully
especially humility, purity, and obedience.
Above all I beg you to be my mother and protectress,
to receive me into the number of your devoted children,
and to guide me from your high throne of glory.
Do not reject my petitions, Mother of mercy!
Have pity on me, and do not abandon me during life
or at the moment of my death.

Daughter of the Eternal Father,
Mother of the Eternal Son,
Spouse of the Holy Spirit,
Temple of the adorable Trinity,
pray for me.

Immaculate and tender Heart of Mary,
refuge of the needy and hope of sinners,
filled with the most lively respect, love, and gratitude,
I devote myself forever to your service,
and I offer you my heart with all that I am and all that belongs to me.

Accept this offering, sweet Queen of Heaven and earth,
and obtain for me of your dear Son, Jesus Christ,
the favors I ask through this prayer.
Obtain for me also a tender, generous, constant love of God,
perfect submission to his adorable will,
the true spirit of a Christian,
and the grace of final perseverance.
Amen!


P.S. Check out the Vatican's website devoted to "Illuminating our Common Home," a public art projection to light St. Peter's Basilica and inspire change around the climate crisis.

P.P.S.  In honor of the Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, please act not to encourage Congress to protect the rights of conscientious objectors to abortion, sterilization, and contraception; the Abortion Non-Discrimination Act (ANDA) grants such protections by providing victims a means for protecting their consciences through legal action: